How to become a member of IATSE Local 322
Membership is the best way to be involved. It gives you a voice in contracts, the education of fellow workers, the work rules and regulations, and enables you to be a leader within the Union.
Here are the requirements for membership in Local 322:
- Candidate must be of legal age - 18 years old.
- Candidate must have maintained 18 months of residency within the jurisdiction, and be a citizen of the United States or Canada.
- Candidate must fill out official printed membership application which are available from the financial secretary.
- Application must be accompanied with all initiation fees ($100, made payable to the International Alliance, and $500 made payable to Local 322.) **NOTE - Until December 31st, 2016, the Local initiation fee has been reduced to $250. **
- Candidate must pass examination of competency and qualifications.
- As all criteria are met, application and fees will be presented to the membership for a vote.
- Transfer applicants must meet all of the above requirements for new members.
- Potential members must be in good standing with their current local or ACT and apply for a transfer card.
- The Local 322 application fee is one-half for transfer members.
Referral Hall Paperwork Submission
Thank you for your interest in submitting documentation to support your experience in the industry. As you begin to get started, here are a few important guidelines to make the process easier for yourself and the team who reviews your personnel files.
INTERESTED REFERRALS MUST HAVE ATTENDED AN INFORMATION AND INTERVIEW SESSION IN PERSON AND WORKED A MINIMUM OF 150 HOURS IN ONE CALENDAR YEAR WITH THE REFERAL HALL BEFORE SUBMITTING PAPERWORK. If you have not fulfilled these requirements, your paperwork will not be accepted.
Also, per the Referral Hall Rules & Regulations, all referrals must have passed a written and practical exam to be placed on loops A-F.
On this website you will find examples of completed paperwork, and the files you need to download and fill out in order for us to evaluate your eligibility.
All paperwork must be neat and organized in chronological order.
All inquiries to the RHAC must be in writing regarding placement on the referral hall loops.
Completed Paperwork should be mailed or delivered to the IATSE Office:
5624 Executive Center Dr., Suite 120
Charlotte, NC 28212
When submitting documentation for review of hours and years in the industry to the Referral Hall, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not submit original documents. Photocopy documents (multiple docs per page, if possible) and clearly label each page according to the year the paperwork is in reference to.
- Make sure copies are clear and easy to read.
- Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR DOCUMENTATION. You must send hard copies to the mailing address above.
- Employment verification can be requested through the Social Security Administration at http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
Please fill this out then email the file back to email@example.com
Microsoft Excel sheet [28.5 KB]